Food can get boring. I get tired of the same things over and over and this is coming form a gal that could do crockpot shredded chicken with raw veggies multiple nights a week.
This recipe is from my college days. But it has stuck around for a reason.
Making it this week was with a whole wheat pasta instead of the unspecified on the recipe.
- 8 oz bowtie pasta
- 1 head broccoli (throw it all you will eat!)
- 2 tbs butter
- 3 cloves garlic. minced (I buy it jarred)
- 1 lb chicken, cut into bite size pieces
- 2-3 tsp Cajun seasoning
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1 c milk
- 3/4 c parmesan (optional)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
1. Cook pasta but one minute before done, add broccoli. Drain and set aside.
2. In large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add garlic and cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Add chicken and Cajun seasoning. Cook 2-3 minutes.
3. Add the cream cheese, stirring well until melted and smooth, 2-3 minutes. Gradually add milk and stir until incorporated. Stir in cheese, salt and pepper. Stir until melted and thickens slightly.
4. Add broccoli and hot cooked pasta. Stir to combine.